BCT Vision is “Viable populations of global priority species live in harmony with human being in a functioning and sustainably managed Sabah Mega Biodiversity Corridor Landscape, and supported by all level of industries who are utilizing the natural resources in economically and sustainably manner”.
“BCT’s mission is to promote the involvement of key stakeholders, such as, the plantations companies and timber producers as well as local communities by engaging them into conservation and sustainable development programme in order to ensure the viability of the forest ecosystem and biodiversity could be achieved and at the same time support any climate change mitigation measures for future generation.”
GOALS (By year 2030)
· Flagship species population in the Green Corridor habitats are no longer threatened by forest degradation, fragmentation and conversion.
· Connectivity in Green Corridor is improved and sustainably managed by certified plantation developers and forest managers as to support the vision of Sabah Development Corridor in biodiversity conservation.
· The socio-economic status of the human communities in the Green Corridor is improved and live in harmony with diverse biodiversity and wildlife.
· Coordinate and implement a strategic conservation plan and relevant research activities in order to assist the identification and implementation of management measures and best management practices to prevent further habitat degradation, fragmentation and forest habitat conversion.
· Reconnect forest habitats that are isolated with larger forest landscape through strategic land acquisition including partnerships with land owners to manage the land sustainably and restore its ecological function.
· Enhance awareness of the key stakeholders in order to strengthen the effort to ensure the ecological connectivity of the forest habitat in Sabah Mega Biodiversity Corridor is achieved sustainably.